funding and research
text links to on-line full-text or medline abstract.]
- Als-Nielsen B, Chen W, Gluud C, Kjaergard LL. Association of funding and conclusions in randomized drug trials: a reflection of treatment effect or adverse events? JAMA 290:921-928
- Bekelman JE, Li Y, Gross CP. Scope and impact of financial conflicts of interest in biomedical research: a systematic review. JAMA 2003;289:454-465
- Bero LA, Galbraith A, Rennie D.
The publication of sponsored symposiums in medical journals.
N Engl J Med 1992;327:1135-40
- Bhandari M, et al. Association between industry funding and statistically significant pro-industry findings in medical and surgical randomized trials. CMAJ. 2004;170(4):477-80
- Cho MK, Bero LA. The
quality of drug studies published in symposium proceedings.
Ann Intern Med 1996;124:485-9
- Choudhry NK, Stelfox HT, Detsky AS. Relationships
between authors of clinical practice guidelines and the
pharmaceutical industry. JAMA 2002;287:612-617
RA. Source of funding and outcome of clinical trials.
J Gen Intern Med 1986;1:155-8.
M, et al. Evaluation of conflict of interest in economic
analyses of new drugs used in oncology. JAMA1999:282:1453-7
- Kjaergard LL, Als-Nielsen B. Association between competing interests and authors' conclusions: epidemiological study of randomised clinical trials published in the BMJ. BMJ 2002;325:249
- Lexchin J, Bero LA, Djulbegovic B, Clark O. Pharmaceutical industry sponsorship and research outcome and quality: systematic review. BMJ 2003;326:1167-1170
- Ridker PM, Torres J. Reported outcomes in major cardiovascular clinical trials funded by for-profit and not-for-profit organizations: 2000-2005. JAMA 2006;295:2270-4
- Rochon PA, et al. Evaluating the
quality of articles published in journal supplements compared
with the quality of those published in the parent journal.
- Rochon PA, et al. A study of manufacturer-supported
trials of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory
drugs in the treatment of arthritis. Arch Intern Med 1994;154:157-63
- Stelfox HT, et al. Conflict of interest in the
debate over calcium-channel antagonists. N Engl J
Back to Required Reading Main Page